Academic Writing

The easy way to complete your studies

research question academic writing

Research Question

The research question is fundamental to every academic paper and thesis because a good research question can lead to a good grade. In this article, we will tell you how to come up with a good research question and formulate it right!

>> read more
abstract example

How to write an abstract?

An abstract is a short summary of a research paper. If you need to write an abstract, we will show you where to begin and tell you even more about obstacles and how to avoid them when writing your abstract.

>> read more
how to cite a website academic writing

How to cite a website?

A lot of websites provide information that can be used in your Bachelor’s thesis or Master’s thesis. Of course you have to cite those sources correctly. Therefore, in this article, we will tell you how to cite a website correctly.

>> read more
how to cite a book academic writing

How to cite a book?

While writing an academic paper, you will for sure use some sources to prove your argument. Most of the times, this will be a monograph, i.e. a book. Therefore, in this article we will tell you how to cite a book and will provide many examples, including all the components that are to be included in your reference.

>> read more
thesis statement academic writing

Thesis Statement

The thesis statement is an essential part of every major academic paper. With a good thesis statement, you can prove the quality of your academic work and ideas. This article tells you how to formulate a good thesis statement and provides examples.

>> read more
how to cite an article academic writing

How to cite an article?

A lot of articles provide a good source of information for your Bachelor’s or Master’s thesis. To convince your reader of your academic skills, you need to know how to properly cite the articles you refer to. We will show you how to correctly cite an article and include examples and detailed explanations!

>> read more
APA Citation Academic Writing

APA Citation

The Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA) is one most popular citation styles. This article contains a general overview of the rules and many examples on how to cite monographs, edited volumes and internet sources using the APA Citation style.

>> read more
Harvard Referencing Academic Writing

Harvard Referencing

Harvard Style or Harvard Referencing is an author-year system, which means the reader is directly referred to the list of literature used. This article tells you everything you need to know about Harvard referencing, including many examples and a list of pros and cons.

>> read more
Chicago style referencing academic writing

Chicago Style Citation

Citations using the Chicago Manual of Style come in two varieties: you can choose between notes and bibliography or author-date. This article contains a list of the most common citation styles and many examples how to cite in Chicago style.

>> read more
how to write an essay academic writing

How to write an essay

The essay is the most common form of academic writing in college and the business world. For some, writing an essay is simple, but if you find this a challenge, the following tells you everything you need to know about how to write an essay.

>> read more
Writing an introduction

How to write an introduction

The introduction leads to the topic and gives the reader a clear idea of what your essay will cover. It is the beginning section of every academic paper. This article provides you with a step-by-step guide on how to write a good introduction.

>> read more
How to write a conclusion

How to write a conclusion

The conclusion is your oppurtunity to have a final word on the topic. It also lets you make a good last impression and end on a positive note. This article provides you with some information on how to write a good conclusion.

>> read more
Transition Words

Transition Words

Transition words establish logical connections between the sentences and different sections in your academic paper. Good transition words can enhance the flow of your writing and strengthen your argument. This article provides you with some examples and shows you how to use them.

>> read more
Table of contents

Table of Contents

The table of contents is like a map, helping the reader find information in the document by section header and page number. A good table of contents should be well-organised, easy to read and simple to use. In this article, you can find everything you need to know on how to create a good table of contents.

>> read more
Referencing & Citation Styles

Referencing & Citation Styles

Referencing is an essential part of successful academic writing. Whenever you include a fact or piece of information in an assignment or essay you must also include where and how you found that piece of information. This article covers different citation styles.

>> read more
Research Topics

Research Topics

A research topic forms the basis of a research paper. It is important to find the right research topic, which can be phrased as a question, but it´s not necessary. This article contains some tips for finding good research topics and examples.

>> read more
Bibliography

Bibliography

A bibliography is a list off all the subjects covered in your text. Find out which information should be included in your bibliography and where you should place it in your thesis. In addition, find out everything you need to know in order to create a bibliography.

>> read more
Writers block übersicht

Writer´s Block

Writer´s block is when an author loses the ability to create new work. We tell you what the typical causes of writer´s block are. In addition, you can find out everything you need to know on how to overcome writer´s block.

>> read more
Cover Page

Cover Page

The cover page makes your paper look more professional. It must contain the author´s name, the professor´s name, the student’s educational institution, and the paper´s due date. This article covers the essentials and provides examples of different types of cover pages.

>> read more
Dissertation structure

Dissertation Structure

The dissertation structure is a basic plan of the whole paper. Different academic disciplines require a certain dissertation structure. This article covers the key components of a dissertation structure.

>> read more
Acknowledgement for Thesis

Thesis Acknowledgement

If you received a lot of help while working on your thesis, the acknowledgement gives you the opportunity to thank everyone who helped you. Find out how to write a good acknowledgement and  who you should and shouldn´t mention.

>> read more
thesis title academic writing

Thesis Title

The thesis title is the first contact that readers will have with your thesis. It shows what your paper is about and should attract the right audience. This article contains the main components of the thesis title and other helpful information.

>> read more
title page academic writing

Title Page

The title page is placed at the very front of your academic paper. It includes your own name, the title of your work and the name of your school, college or university. If you want to know more about creating a title page, this article might help you.

>> read more
apa cover page academic writing

APA Cover Page

The APA cover page is the first page of your APA format academic paper. The main duty is to give the reader a first impression of your paper, without reading it. This article might help you to create a good APA cover page.

>> read more
Table Of Contents Example Academic writing

Table of Contents Example

The table of contents helps to structure your academic work and show your reader where to find the section they require. This article shows you how to create a neat table of contents for your bachelor’s thesis or other academic works.

>> read more
apa title page academic writing

APA Title Page

The APA title page is the first page of your academic work. It should help the reader go understand the main purpose of your research paper. If you need more information about the APA title page, this article might help you.

>> read more
Works Cited academic writing

Works Cited

The works cited page is essential for every academic work. In this articel we will show you which format suits your works cited page the best and wich are the key points to created a good works cited page.

>> read more
adademic writing research paper topics

Research Paper Topics

A research paper topic can be a research question and a hypothesis. To find the right research paper topic is very important. It should be something you are really interested in. This article might help you to find the right topic for your research paper.

>> read more
thesis format academic writing

Thesis Format

The thesis format is very important if you have to write a thesis. It is the base for the rest of your academic work. There are some things you need to know about the thesis format. In this article you can find some helpful information about the thesis format.

>> read more
apa format title page academic writing

APA Format Title Page

The APA format title page is the very first page of your academic paper. The main function of an APA format title page is to let the readers identify your work. In this article we show you some components and other information about an apa format title page.

>> read more
Thesis defense academic writing

Thesis Defense

A thesis defense is a presentation of your academic work to the professors. Before you appear for the defense, you hand in your thesis to the lecturer. During the thesis defense you have to show that you understood your topic. Find more information in this article.

>> read more
research paper outline academic writing

Research Paper Outline

A research paper outline is a structure which shows every part of your research paper. It not only helps you to avoid mistakes during writing your paper, as it also can make your work a lot easier. This article can help you to create your research paper outline.

>> read more
Term paper example academic writing

Term Paper Example

This article is about the importance of term paper examples in academic writing. There can be differences in term paper examples, because the form depends on the university and the professor. This article gives you more information about a term paper example.

>> read more
how to write a research paper academic writing

How to write a research paper

A research paper is an assignment whereby the author writes on a specified topic and has to analyse a scientific field. In this article you can find more information about how to write a research paper.

>> read more
academic writing research proposal example

Research Proposal Example

A research proposal example is an important part of the beginning of your research. It contains the main idea and the reason why you are doing the research. Find more useful information in this article.

>> read more
How to write an essay introduction

How to write an essay introduction

An essay introduction should create an interist in reading your essay. It is the first paragraph of your paper and sets the tone of your work. This article might help you to write an essay introduction.

>> read more
academic writing parts of a research paper

Parts of a Research Paper

There are different parts of a research paper, which are helping you to follow the proper scientific methodology of your paper. As one of the goals of writing a research paper is to focus on the key elements, the parts of a research paper will help you to guide through your work. Find more information in this article.

>> read more
academic writing how to write your dissertation introduction

How to write a dissertation introduction

A dissertation introduction explains what you are trying to answer and why it is essential to do this research. It also describes your topic and provides a summary of the specific questions. Find more information in this article.

>> read more
Thesis topics

Thesis Topics

A thesis includes not only one but multiple topics. Some important things you should note are to make sure that you understand the topic and that it interests you personally. It can be difficult to pick the right thesis topic, so this article might help you to make the right decision. Click the button below for more information about thesis topics.

>> read more
abstract example

Abstract example

An abstract is a short summary of a thesis. There are different types of abstracts: critical, descriptive and informative. This article might help you with some examples. For more information click the button below.

>> read more
how to write a research paper academic writing

How to write a research paper introduction

A research paper introduction brings the reader’s attention to your research topic. This article gives you a guide on how to write a research paper introduction. Click below.

>> read more
Thesis statement example

Thesis Statement Example

A thesis statement example can inspire you to find a good thesis statement for your academic paper. For more information about thesis statement examples, click below.

>> read more
academic writing essay structure

Essay Structure

For writing an essay it is important to know how to structure your essay. If you need more information about the parts of an essay such as the different types, this article might help you. Click the button below.

>> read more
academic writing conclusion example

Conclusion Example

The conclusion is the final section of your academic paper and helps the reader to understand the main points. If you need to write a conclusion, this article might help you with some conclusion examples. Find more information in the article.

>> read more
academic writing dissertation topics

Dissertation Topics

Dissertation topics are the subject of the dissertation. As it can be difficult to find the right topic for your dissertation, this article might help you with some tips. Click the button below to get more information about dissertation topics.

>> read more
academic writing footnote

Footnote

A footnote appears at the footer section of a page of your work. It can be a comment on a given part of the main text or a reference you used. You need to write an academic pager and would like to get more information about footnotes? Take a closer look at our article.

>> read more
academic writing abbreviation

Abbrevaition

An abbreviation is a shorter form of a word or a phrase, which can be used instead of a written word in academic writing. You want to use abbreviations in your paper and therefore you need some examples? Our article might help you.

>> read more
academic writing apa reference page

APA Reference Page

The APA reference page is the last page of your academic paper and includes all of the references you used during your work. It is used for citing in APA style. For more information, check out our article. Click the button below.

>> read more
academic writing dedication for thesis

Dedication for Thesis

With a dedication for thesis the author of the academic paper expresses his gratitude to the people who assisted or helped him during his work. You want to know how to write a dedication for thesis? In this article we will give you all information you need.

>> read more
Excellent.org